Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gd_small
My Device: Blackberry bold 9800

BBM-changing phones

Hello,

My family and I have a number of blackberry phones. My son and daughter recently upgraded to Z10 phones and at about the same time my blackberry bold stopped working. Since they had the same phone as me and their phones still worked, I decided to start using their phone, the problem with this is that I am not able to connect my BBM to the phone. Everytime I try to connect to my BbM it says the phone is connected to a different user (my son or daughter) and if I go through with it, it disconnects my son/daughter from the bbm on their new phone and reconnects them to their old phone. In short, I need to know how to transfer my BBM from one Blackberry Bold to another. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

gd_small

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM-changing phones

Each of you using a different device must create their own individual BlackBerryID login account.

www.bbid.com

Then, for a device in which you intend to use the new BBID., you will be required to perform a security wipe on the device and then enter the new BBID at the initial setup.

Even thought it is family, it's a different "owner" of the device.

BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership

How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code