Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

BBM disappeared after updating to v7.0.1

I updated BBM from version 7 to 7.0.1. After rebooting I found that my BBM had disappeared. I checked My World in Blackberry World, only to see that it is installed but it was gone. So had all my BBM messages from my Messages. Doing a Restore from an earlier backup did not resolve the issue, 7.0.1 still remained. I have had to re-install version 6 to get BBM back. Installing version 6 meant I have lost BB Voice which came with v7. Does anyone know where or how I can get the earlier version of 7.0.1. i.e version 7?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM disappeared after updating to v7.0.1

Hello Ramiji

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Where are you located ?

From your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm  to download the most recent version available for your device.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

The most recent version caused the disapperance of BBM in the first place, so I am hesitant to download it again. I am in the UK.

Elite II

Hello Ramiji

Can you try that again , it might help . while doing so first first delete BlackBerry Messenger from your device , for that  On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

KB10040 :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download the most recent available for your device. 

If even after Installing you are unable to locate BBM on your Homscreen then try this Knowledge Base , which might help :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Prince2012

Thank you very much. I deleted BBM as suggested, removed the battery as instructed, rebooted and re-installed the latest version and the BBM icon plus all my contacts etc were back. Thank you very much.

Elite II

Hi Ramiji

That's a Great news . I am glad that you tried those above steps and resolved your issue :smileyhappy:

Cheers !