Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Anastasia-82
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

BBM: do not associating with BB ID

Hi all,

I have new BB bold 9900 and I am experiencing a problem with BBM. When I try to open BBM,  the screen shows "Associating BBM with your BlackBerry ID" but nothing happens after, as I understand it hangs. Please help!

Best regards,

Anastasia.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BBM: do not associating with BB ID

Hi Anastasia-82

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I assume you have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS already on your account , if not then call you Carrier to activate that on your account , It fix your current  issues with BBM7.

If you already have that ( BIS ) on your account then you can try this to see if that help . First On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from the list , then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On . 

Then Reset your BlackBerry ID password , For help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Once you have reset your BBID password login with your new  BlackBerry ID password on your device.Finally from your device Browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to download the recent version of BBM available for your device. After installing your device may reboot and associate with your BlackBerry ID.

So please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Anastasia-82
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

Everything works fine now, thank you! The problem was with BIS.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello Anastasia-82  

You are welcome...  !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.