Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Etisalat

BBM is causing so much problems

Hello everyone,

My phone is BlackBerry Bold 9790, OS version is 7.1 and I bought it in Feb, 2012.

I had a major problem so I went to the dealer and they fixed it. Not sure what happened, they didn't provide me with technical details, just that we fixed it, that is all.

Anyway, for the last 4 months, it was okay until few days ago when it became crazy and acting weird.

I installed BBM6.2 from the App World.

After I did that, weird things happened:

1- My phone became crazily slow.

2- When I want to type on an opened chat on BBM, it got stuck for more than 30 seconds. No matter what I type, it never show that.

3- Battery started to drain  SO FAST more than useful. No, I'm not a heavy user. I even turn WiFi Off most of the time and it is just the standards 5 apps which are always opened, that is all.

4- Above all, my phone became hot and I can feel the heat

Before installing BBM 6.2, I have never had these 4 issues, except my phone was slow in Dec last year when I took it to the dealer and that was totally different story.

I installed BBM version 6.1.0.71 and guess what? same weird things happened yet again Smiley Sad

I installed BBM version 5.something and after the reboot, I have no BBM whatsoever O_o

I have NO idea what is going on and how to fix that?

What is going on and why?

Tried to do severl search on the internet but couldn't find a solution.

By the way, BBM 7 is not allowed over here. Whenever I try to download it, it does not even give me that option to click to download and says it is unavailable for your device.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

I'm a Linux User and Contributor - http://amjjawad.blogspot.com
Contributor

Re: BBM is causing so much problems

No one knows what is going on?

Just for the record, I do not have BBM right now, I'm without a messenger on my phone.

I don't want to install 6.2 which is the only one available on App World because once I install it, the problem start all over again.

Today, I have noticed that suddenly, my phone became a bit hot and bettery was consuming so fast and I did not even touched the phone. Also, that little indication which refer to data transmisison (small arrow or something above the signal meter) was blinking like there is something coming or like I'm sending something but truth is, the phone as idle doing nothing at all ... so can't explain what is going on?

Now, it is ok and not acting crazy but for how long I'm going to stay without BBM?

Thank you!

Contributor

I'm sorry but how long one needs to wait in order to get his thread answered? just wondering Smiley Happy

NO, the issue is not yet solved.

I have installed BBM 6.2 yet again and now, my phone is doing werid stuff still.

Is there anyway this thread can be answered at least? Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Contributor

I have no idea why no one hasn't replied yet Smiley Sad

I will repeat once more:

My problem now is:

Without Connecting my Blackberry 9790 to a Wireless Network, the device will:

1- BE SO HOT

2- Battery drain SO FAST

3- SO SLOW - sometimes, it takes few mins to write "good morning" on BBM 6.2

I don't have a Wireless Connection right now, so the device is crazy.

Whenever I leave the house (when I used to connect it to a Wireless Network), it became crazy too.

THE ONLY ONE to make it cool down and behave is to connect it to a Wirless Network which I don't have right now.

HELP!

Thanks!