Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: unlocked
Accepted Solution

BBM not working and some apps cannot connect to the internet

Hi

I just bought a Bold 9900. First, the BBM doesn't work at all. I cannot invite, see notification of invitation, receive, or send any information. I don't have a data plan, but I can use wifi. Also I have updated the newest version of BBM.

Second, sometimes, a few apps (includes App World) cannot access to the internet, even when the wifi is connected and web browsing is still working. After I reset the phone, it will be OK again. However, I don't want to do that all the time, because it happens so frequent!!!

It really drives me crazy!! Please give me a hand!!

Thank you!!!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM not working and some apps cannot connect to the internet

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Honestly, it shouldn't be working at all...see this:

If you don't have a data plan, they you should only be able to do the things in the top of that list...regardless of accessing via carrier data network or wifi, the services should be the same. I'd have to guess that you have some apps that will function via wifi exclusively and don't require BIS to function...rare, but they do exist.

A BB without a full data plan is a fancy phone. Not at all what it is intended to be.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: unlocked

You mean BB is totally different with other smartphones on the wireless access? I am really a new user of BB. Before, I was using iphone, which I can always use internet via wifi without a data plan.

Hall of Famer II

Yes. A BB is completely different from other devices. Your capabilities will be limited as per the FAQ linked above.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

Mate you might as well of kept your iPhone, BlackBerry is not working for anyone right now, and there's no real way that i've found to contact them direct!

I have all of my work emails come through via my phone, to direct me to different jobs, which I have not been able to recieve for nearly three days! therefore it's loss of earnings,

Piss takers mate!

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: proximus

Having same issue in Belgium ... NEver had issues with my blackberry ... User for many years now ...

BBM, mail, Whatsapp, navigation, internet, = NOTHING IS WORKING !

Only thing you can do with the phone is going oldschool :-)

I'm wondering when the issue will be solved ...

Some information to customers would be much appreciated !!!

My Carrier: rogers

my phone is experiencing the same problems...i can't get emails or any apps to connect to the internet but my browser on the phone can go on google, etc....i don't know what's going on!!!!!  this started last night at 10pm ish and it's been almost 10 hours now!!!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

FYI and FWIW -- everyone can keep watch over RIM's official statements here:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates