Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

BBM on the fritz!!

Having serious trouble with BBM.

A little background: started using BBM about a year ago with my 9800, worked great.  I upgraded to a 9900 this past March, and loved it.  Had many friends, had a lot of active chats.

My 9900 got damaged, wasn't warranty-eligible.  Got a loaner 9800 and BBM continued to work fine for me.

In June, I bought a used 9900, returned the 9800 to my carrier, everything transferred over great.  I tell all of this because, who knows, maybe the number of phones I've jumped around on in the past six months has a bearing.

I continued to use this used 9900 I bought through last week, but BBM started behaving strangely.  My wife's messages to me wouldn't come through properly.  She had to start texting me.  I received these texts through BBM.

I tried inviting my wife back, but the invite stayed "stuck" on "waiting for authorization".  Tried inviting other users, they can't reach me either.  Oddly, I was still receiving status updates and group updates.

A couple of days ago, I took the plunge and tried repairing my original 9900.  I was successful, and was able to get it going and re-register it with my BES Express server just fine.  My BBM contacts all came over, too, but now I don't even get status updates.

The last straw was BBM Music, which now won't register properly.  Please, someone help!!

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM on the fritz!!

Bumping in hopes that someone tries to help.

Another thing:  If someone invites me, I receive the invitation.  When I press "accept", the user who INVITED ME shows as "awaiting authorization".

Weird!