Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
sekhasja
My Device: PlayBook and Bold 9900 and 9700

BBM7

[ Edited ]

i tried the beta version of BBM 7 and it worked fine. the problem started when I ugraded to the latest version of bbm7, my phone will not connect to the wifi in the house 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3 (Three-UK)

Re: BB7

Hi Sekhasja, I had this problem when upgrading, try restarting your blackberry and if that doesn't work have you got a back up or do you have BlackBerry Protect?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sekhasja

I restarted but it will not work. Yes I have BlackBerry Protect. The phone can pick up the Dlink wifi, but will not connect

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc

Try turning your router off and on again, because that could be the problem. If that does not work turn your BlackBerry off then take the battery out, wait 5 seconds then put the battery back in again and turn it on. If that does not work go to:  Options-->Device-->Application Management-->BlackBerry Messenger and click delete, restart your blackberry then install the beta again. Hope this helps. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sekhasja

It tries to connect to DLINK andaftef a few seconds then message comes back that it failed to authenticate against the network 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc

Re: BBM7

Go to your router settings (search in google: IP and it will show you your ip, copy and paste it into the adress bar at the top and go to it) from there you will be able to remove the authentification and see if that works. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sekhasja

I switched off the router and put it back again, I deleted and reinstalled the BBM 7 and it still does not connect. It is failing to authenticate against the network

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc

As i said, try removing the authentication on your router. Go to: http://192.168.0.1 and type in:

the id:    admin

password:    admin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sekhasja

Re: BBM7

I am still struggling.  Mh home PC, my iPhone and iPad connect with no problem. My other BlackBerry 9700 also connects. I strongly suspect that there is some interference from the BBM7 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sekhasja

I did just that and I am facing the screen . How do I remove the authentication? 

Please use plain text.