Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
wrekin
My Device: Not Specified

BBWeather

I've been using BBWeather on my Bold 9900 (and before that on my 9000) for a few years without any problem until a couple of weeks ago. I now get a 'N/A' icon (instead of the current weather) on my home screen and when I click on it, I get the following message:

Error - Current Conditions Thread:

Expecting a system identifier.

Strangely, this is what I see when at home. But if I travel a few miles away, it starts to function normally - until I get home again!

I hadn't made any changes to my settings and nothing else is affected. Any advice or suggestions?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBWeather

Are you connected to wifi at home?

Are you using the BBWeather GPS weather location? or a specified location?

You might ought to be in touch with Bellshare, the developer of the BBWeather app.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
wrekin

Thanks for responding.

Yes my phone's connected to wifi and BBWeather is set to Telford in England. Taking the hint, I've just deactivated

wifi and, hey presto, BBweather is working again.

As it happens, I had to reset my router a couple of weeks ago and it's possible that the problem started then. Can you advise how I might overcome the problem - and thanks for your help so far.

(I thought BBWeather was developed by Tateu, though it doesn't seem to be maintaining it now. Bellshare I think developed BerryWeather.)

JSanders

Oh you're right it is Tateu, it's been a year since I used that app. It really is a great weather app.

So, if you now reconnect to Wifi at home, does your BlackBerry indicate you're connected to WiFi at your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status. 
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service? Does it say Mobile Network or Wifi?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
wrekin

It says wifi.

But I now have a little more information. I've just been away from home. Off went wifi and back came BBWeather - until I was invited to connect to a wifi hotspot in a restaurant and off it went again.

So the problem seems to be with wifi in general rather than simply my home wifi.

JSanders

You'd be wise to contact the developer Tateu then, sounds like it is an app problem, if Wifi is working for email, and all else.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
wrekin

Unfortunately, the developer is no longer involved, so it looks like the app's unsupported.

But thanks for your advice - at least I now know there's a problem with wifi compatibility.

JSanders

I've been using the paid version of BeWeather by bellshare. I think there is a free version also.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
wrekin

Thanks for letting me know. But I've solved the problem - more through luck than judgement! I changed the connection type from Auto to BIS and everything's working again. I'm not sure whether that was the original setting and somehow it got changed but the important thing is BBweather has been restored! Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

JSanders

You're welcome, good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates