Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Liugas
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Omnitel

BES

Hello,

A little bit of information. We are using lotus notes as mail server, and have blackberry enterprise server express. One of our user have blackberry 9900 bold, and then he gets an email to blackberry he do not see an email address from there this message is sent. He just see some initials of that user (CN= username, O=domain). the same message on outlook client he gets perfect, with email address. I think this is BES problem. How can i solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
MAD-VIKING
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BES

Hello Liugas;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Essentially, you have provided a reported affected user, however there is not enough detail in your post to determine cause and resolution. As such, I have included some questions below to help you get a better understanding on the reported issue.

What is the version of Domino server?

Are you using a Mail-In-database?

Have the .NSF files been updated across all servers?

What is the version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server?

You state this is a BlackBerry Enterprise Server issue, is this occurring for other users on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server?

Is it affecting all users of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server?

When did the issue start occurring for this user?

If this issue started occurring recently, what changes were made to the user, user mailbox, or environment that resulted in this issue to occur?

Is the issue with only one specific sender of the email?

Is the issue with a specific email format? (email that may be generated and set on a regular basis)

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Liugas
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Omnitel

Hi,

We are using IBM domino 8.5.3 and blackberry enterprise server express 5.0 SP4. The issue occurs with all users in our company who use BES in blackberry 9900 bold. If i configure e-mail account on blackberry through BIS, the problem disappears. The problem is then we configure e-mail account through BES (enterprise activation), blackberry cannot resolve internet address of e-mail sender. (This problem occurs then sender is from our company, if sender is from gmail etc. problem disappears.)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
MAD-VIKING
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello Liugas;

Can you confirm that the user list is either populated or not populated in the contact list for activated users?

It is known that if the person has been added to a device contact list, a recipient would see the sender as the entry in the contact list and not the sender SMTP.

In addition, you will want to ensure that the Lotus Notes Person Document settings are set to retain the senders format. i.e. Format preference for incoming mail:    Keep in senders' format”

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING
Please use plain text.