Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ricks123
My Device: Blackberry 9790

BLACKBERRY 9790 REBOOTS WARRANTY

Hello,

I received a replacement phone as my BB Bold 9790 was under warranty and it kept restarting. However, my LOCK button at the top of the phone is broken which seems like a very common problem with this phone. Any idea if my phone will still be covered under warranty for the hardware issue? I didn't really care about the lock button but someone was saying they might say its physical damage even tho that was not the issue/reason for requesting a replacement phone?

Any ideas?

Thank you i just dont want to be charged 399 for a refurbished phone.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BLACKBERRY 9790 REBOOTS WARRANTY

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. The authoritative entity is that which you are already dealing with (your warranty service provider)...they are who you are contractually bound to. They can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user. Anything anyone provides you here would truly be a WAG (not even a SWAG)...it's pretty difficult to replace in-hand evaluation with internet-distance diagnosis.

Hopefully someone with direct experience will come along and provide you with something...but please remember that only what your warranty service provider says has any value whatsoever.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code