Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

thatssou
My Device: Blackberry bold 9780

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9780 MEDIA FILES NOT DELETING OR SAVING

Recently my blackberry stopped saving pictures that I have taken on the camera. It comes up as 'read only files' and it's blank. Now i cant even delete the pictures that are saved on the memory card. I have tried the batterty pull, connecting my blackberry to my pc, even tried formatting the media card and it comes up as formatt failed both on the blackberry and also on the pc. HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqibjavaid786
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9780 MEDIA FILES NOT DELETING OR SAVING

THIS PROBLEM HAS ALSO HAPPENED WITH ME, PLEASE SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS.

THANK YOU

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cSliim
My Device: Bold 9780

I had the same issue where the picture files magically transferred to 'read only files'. what i did was connect to PC and some sort of magic happened, and the issue corrected itself. it was very annoying what with not deleting them. After i disconnected to PC, the issue resolved. Try a couple batt pulls, and maybe BB desktop manager. Worked fine for me!

Please use plain text.
Nutkin
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Had same problem with my BB Bold yesterday - hundreds of BBC podcasts that I had downloaded onto my BB  over the last year and that I had deleted suddenly reappeared on the media files and could not be deleted, with "unremovable" in properties!

What a pain! I will try the connection to PC tonight to see if that helps.

Blackberry need to do something about this!

I'm already thinking about switching to an i-phone!

Please use plain text.