Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
imgleb
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: beeline

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

Hey geniuses at blackberry.
Stop wasting your time making sure that noone can jailbreak your useless playbook and fix this flagship phone that you launched! This is the only phone you should be thinking about! This is the device that is used by all of your loyal and business involved people. I can't believe that a fix should be so hard to make considering that you do fix them when they come in as returns from service providers. Make a user friendly version of the fix and put it online. I have been waiting since September!!! I am sick of it already. By the way I already bought an iPhone 4s and am currently responding to this forum from it. Once you lose me as a customer to apple, which already seems like its happening, I will never, ever come back to a RIM device unless RIM is able to revolutionize the mobile industry (which likely isn't going to happen). Oh and administrator, please dont delete my angry posts like you always do.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imgleb

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

Hey everyone, I have done some research and it may be that most of you do already know this.

The problem that is happening to the bold 9900 when the phone is stuck in a loop and has the red light blinking on and off for 30 seconds - here is your problem --> The charging module is fried because the battery was so drained and the charger overworked trying to get the battery up and running.

My phone is being fixed right now in Moscow on our electrocis center Gorbushka.

If you do actually  have speciafically this problem, you will need a new charging hardware module to repair this fabulous phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abd_abzakh
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

if by "Charging Hardware Module" you mean the charger device, then am sorry to say that this is not correct!! My charger works just fine charging other BB 9900 handsets, while mine still has the same problem!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imgleb

Of cousre not the wall charger. That would b too easy. Its the part that charges your battery inside the phone. In between the wall charger and the battery.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adem_bey
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

I think it's all about the chip in the battery, it needs to get reset, this is also a problem, because i used my bricked device's battery into another 9900 that's working fine, and it wouldn't start up. When i took the battery from the non bricked 9900 and put it into the bricked the frequent of red flashes is faster then the original battery of my bricked device.afterwards i placed the batteries back in each device and at the first non bricked device i had to do three times battery pulls before it started to boot. I guess we're dealing with totaly different things then the charger failure posted before in this thread. I stopped experimenting with batteries from non bricked devices cause it's expensive to decorate the x -.as tree with all my bricked 9900's... Exchange isn't an option,as the battery drains below 10 percent the bricking problem returns at charging overnight with al my three 9900 ... The official statement of Rim about this issue (21nov) assured that it's just a software issue and that they're working on a fix... This issue is irritating me more then the three days no service problem in october.. Three bricks just layin arround sucks, i'm a 10+ years user of bb products and they managed to piss me off really bad for the first time... I guess we'll have to be patient and have faith in RIM (again) this isn't a bug anymore of a new invention,but a pain in the **bleep** and your wallet. Shame on you RIM, letting us down like this,with no further press releases about the developement on this issue...i think that our frustrating words are justified. Adressed to RIM cause the are silent on purpose to not lower the selling stocks of the 9900/9930 devices... Isn't nobody at rim reading people experiences on this forum?or is the real problem that RIM don't know how to solve it? Maybe we'll have to ask santa for a solution? (Yeah right) I am eternaly dissapointed in RIM :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
davidflores2
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a SIMILAR issue. Yesterday, I put the phone to charge when I went to sleep. I have so that my phone would turn off at 1am and on again at 6am. Well, when I woke up at 7am, the phone was still off. I noticed the phone red light blinking; it stay on for about 10 seconds and then turn on. After about 10 more seconds the bb bottom kind of blinks follow by the square in the trackpad; then the red light turns on again for about 10 seconds.

When I put the phone to charge, the battery was not even low. I think this more like a software issue that I have no idea how to fix. Please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abd_abzakh

You have just said all what I have in my mind, yes RIM did really pissed me off very bad. and their ignorance to the problem is making me even more mad!! I have been happy with this new 9900, and I wont mind having a problem at it since its a device after all and can suffer some problems, but the biggest mistake RIM does is not being able to be proffesionals just like Apple and announce about the problem and solve it quickly....shame on you RIM!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abd_abzakh

1- have just had a chat with a friend and told him about this problem, he said that he faced the same issue few months ago directly after buying BB Tourch from the service provider in Dubai, and when he went to BB agent they told him this is a virus and cant be fixed, the only solution is to replace the device!!!

2- Today RIM announced a drop in BB revenue by 71%, seeing what devices the manufacture and how they ignore their customers problems...I dont see it strange, maybe they will shutdown their labs soon too!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonda242
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BTC

You know i always considered myself the "Defender of Blackberry" then my brand new 9930 bricked on me and like there is nothing i can do this really pisses me off, if it wasnt for bbm i would be gone! Does anyone know where to buy a mother board from?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wonda242
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: BTC

my friend where can i find this part? I have a $600 useless phone

Please use plain text.