If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Kasif
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Grameenphone

Yahoooooo!!!!! Blackberry Bold 9700 Started Working Once Again

I was very upset for last few months as my BB 9700 was blackout and wasn't turning on. However, I couldn't find any solution in this community and was disheartened by the frustrating messages from the users with the same history. Last of all a Bangladeshi mechanic fixed the problem of my BB 9700 and I'm quite happily using my BB Bold 9700 now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MMLH
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

Could you help me please? 

My mum bought me a Blackberry just earlier in the morning, I put it to charge and nothing would happen, the red light come on top for a few seconds. It showed the battery charging sign once, just once. 

I would not turn on either, please can I get some help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MMLH
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 WILL '''NOT''' TURN ON------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP--------

Would you please share your solution with me?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MMLH wrote:

Could you help me please? 

My mum bought me a Blackberry just earlier in the morning, I put it to charge and nothing would happen, the red light come on top for a few seconds. It showed the battery charging sign once, just once. 

I would not turn on either, please can I get some help?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the wall outlet charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grifter14
My Device: 9930

I have same problem only my red light doesn't come on at all someone help please before I throw my device again I already did from frustration
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grifter14

Mines is bold 9930
Please use plain text.
JSanders

grifter14 wrote:
I have same problem only my red light doesn't come on at all someone help please before I throw my device again I already did from frustration

That might have been the problem... throwing it is not recommended.

Have you tried the suggestions made above?

What details can you offer?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grifter14

Well I was exaggerating when saying I threw it. But what I've tried is to reinstall software but it doesn't stay on to boot when installing that was before when I had red light I tried different battery and nothing tried leaving battery out of device for an entire day then replace still nothing now I have just a phone with no red light nothing any other suggestions I missed above which may work or additional ?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

grifter14 wrote:
Well I was exaggerating when saying I threw it. But what I've tried is to reinstall software but it doesn't stay on to boot when installing that was before when I had red light I tried different battery and nothing tried leaving battery out of device for an entire day then replace still nothing now I have just a phone with no red light nothing any other suggestions I missed above which may work or additional ?

Sorry, I don't quite understand that message... no punctuation makes it impossible for me to know what thought goes with which. Can you help out be being clear and exact in what you've done and what it is doing?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grifter14

I'm sorry forgive my eagerness. What I have done is tried to re-install software but to no avail. Then I tried taking out the battery for a day, replacing it and plugging in charger but no luck. I have tried these steps whilst having red light. Currently I have no red light blinking.
Please use plain text.