Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY MESSENGER PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought the new Bold 9900 on Bell mobility and i have found some defects on the phone itself. I went back to the store they said it will be replaced, but they ran out of stock.

So, my problem is, is that i have lots of people on BBM. These contacts are very important and i cant loose. If i back my contact list onto my memory card before i switch to my new device, will everyone be saved? If so, once i restore BBM Backup on the new device, will all my contacts get a notification to add them again? I really hope someone can help me. Ive been bugging people for their pins and i do not wish to disturb them next week for their pins once again.

Also, question #2, is BBM worldwide? So will i be charged if i left my current country to visit another and still use BBM?

If anyone can help, please reply to this post, pin me at pin:2829333E or email me at andrewhinds@hotmail.ca.

Thanks so much in advance!! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800

Re: BLACKBERRY MESSENGER PLEASE HELP!

So answer to your first question. 

If you backup either your phone through Desktop Software or go into BBM and click on Backup and save it to your media card then you get your new device it will be restored to the new device.

Here is the article on backing up and restoring contacts

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb20554

Second question. Yes BBM is world wide, but it uses the data from the carriers so if you are traveling to other contrys be aware that you are using roaming data which is very costly unless you change your plan when you are traveling.

Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Contributor
andy9852

Will I have to re-add everyone though? I've heard if you restore your contacts and try to talk to them it will say something like "you do not have this person, would you like to re-add them?"

Thanks for your help. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800

It may, But most of the times it will update the information that a new pin is there and wont ask you to do that.

If you do it's fine all that happens is it sends a request back out to them so atleast you don't have to remember pins.

Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Contributor
andy9852

Great! Thanks so much! Can't wait to try this out with my new phone.