Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dac_uk
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BMW ConnectedDrive and Bold 9900

Hi, got BMW 3 series Sept 2011 and Bold 9900 on the supported BMW software level, however the car takes 15 minutes to sync and load up and during this time if I'm on a call then it continually drops the call. BMW upgraded the iDrive software this week and the same problem occurs, I've also tried 3 different 9900 devices all have the same problem. From what I can tell the car is trying to load the emails which I cannot prevent, BMW advice is to delete emails and txt messages! Has anyone else experiencing these type of issues? Any advice appreciated. Dave
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cornep
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi Dac_uk. Which software version is loaded on your phone. The problem lies with the phone as far as we have managed to establish, yet not one single person from RIM has ever come out and said, hey sorry, we know about it and we are working on it. I have been trying various software upgrades, latest one I'm on is 7.1.0.402. I enended up getting an iPhone and a cradle for the car, and that is my bluetooth. Problem is I don't email, cal, or sms on the display. I will try .402 with the car today and let you know, I installed it last night.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dac_uk
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the reply, will let you know later the exact version. Have you got many emails on yr BB as it will be interesting to know how long the car tries to sync. Look forward to your findings.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mharkiss
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Are you able to use the Web Radio function with 9900?? The only reason i'm hanging onto an iphone 4 is because i haven't received positive confirmation that the web radio will work on a Blackberry since there doesn't seem to be an App for it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mharkiss
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Anyone able to use the Web Radio function on a 9900? I got a iphone 4 and i'm itching to move over to a Bold but that is one feature i can't live with out. 

Please use plain text.