If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dani242
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

BOLD 9780 device software update made my phone unuseable

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my phones device software yesterday after recieving a HIGH PRIORITY message from my service provider to do an upgrade(EE/Orange). They stated this was an obligatory update from Blackberry.

After trying hours to do this over the network, it didnt work stating 'connection failed to upodate server, please upgrade using your PC using Blackberry Desktop Manager'.

This was then my next step.

* I backed up my device (yesterday) via BDM(desktop Manager)

* clicked on check for updates

* followed all links to my BOLD 9780 device via blackberry website

* clicked on link to check my device for updates, whicj informed me "An update is available"

* Proceeded with update.

The update returned with an error stating: "Options only 19 out of 20 were restored"

Since then, my phone has been unuseable. The menu freezes, i cannot highlight options i get no blue outline around menu options. my text doesnt work, i cannot input anything, type anything, the phone is continually freezing and resetting.

I tried reinstalling the update which crashed the phone completely with """white screen of death""" stating error 507......  please visit www.blackberry.com/507

That page doesnt exist !!!

I tried again to do an update, and got my phone back but with all the same menu problems.

I did a restore of my device from yesterday. Got my personal data back but phone still jumps all over the place, text messaging doesnt work at all.

I have unplugged the battery countless times hard resetting and soft resetting.

I have tried again to reinstall several times the device software and no use.

I haved called my service provider and they said its broken, contact blackberry.

I contacted blackberry pay crisis support (01753 558410). They redirected me back to orange tech support which were even more useless than before !!

they gave me the web address: http://uk.blackberry.com/support which wasnt helpful

So i have been passed off all day. eventually plucking out the last straw that lead me here (even tried twitter!)

I cannot even do a security wipe because i cannot enter "blackberry" because it comes back with 'field input error, closing application' and even if i type it, i cant see text and proceed  with clicking  'security wipe'

current software status is:

B.O.S 6.0 bundle 2949

v6.0.0.668

platform 6.6.0.236

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

My phone worked ok before all this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BOLD 9780 device software update made my phone unuseable

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off, let's start here...Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

It is sad that your formal support channel has been so difficult...they really have let you down, but the push back you've received from BB is contractually required...they cannot provide front line support, although since you paid for incident support, you should have received better help. Then again still, it's difficult to really know your situation from just your post (which is all we have to go on).

So I am going to suggest this:

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!
Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hey Dani242

You must do the update via Loader, This is the latest version for the BB 9780.

Software For BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone 
BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3170 (Multilanguage) 

Package Version: 6.0.0.3170
Consisting of:

• Applications: 6.0.0.756 
  • Software Platform: 6.6.0.252
  • File name: 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel3170_PL6.6.0.252_A6.0.0.756_Voda fone_Spain.exe
  • File size: 172.82MB

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader

Source: Crackberry

Regards...

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Visitor
zaccshegzy
My Device: Bold 9930 Verizon Wireless
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

Please I have similar problem too, when I updated my BB Bold 9930, I got this error code Error 507

and my device is unusable right now, please kindly help me out. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani242

thanks.

I'll try that when ive got a few days free!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani242

Some other additional info.

I did do system wipe but have problems with input errors (cant key in anything)

Another error that pooped up on phone screen but didnt get numbers, was 'vsuite version mismatch'.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani242

AWWSOME... i hope....

I BBSAK'd my phone. Wiped it out...

Then used the Spanish orange bare bones update... thru Loader.exe.

So far. it's lookin good !!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani242

I'm starting to reload apps.

One question...

Do i do it thru either blackberry appworld... or desktop manager?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dani242

A bit of advice.

Don't go near the upgrade :

9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2949_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.668_Orange_UK

For BOLD 9780's

use:

9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel3170_PL6.6.0.252_A6.0.0.756_Vodafone_Spain