Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
siddheshveer
My Carrier: airtel

BOLD 9900 manufacturing defect , defected handset, problem in the shape of the bold 9900

hy everyone,

before u read just think u r holding The phone with its main screen and keys facing toward you The LEFT Side of The phone = where u have The charging point and Right Side = where u have The BUTTONS

I just got a new BB BOLD 9900 on 29 nov 2012 from a official BB retail store in india. In india we don't have The carrier system as in USA so its already factory unlocked .

The main problem is that there is a clear manufacturing fault as there is no symmetrical aliment on The left side of The phone. I will explain it u to u properly as follows:

1. The stainless steel border of The left side of The device where u have The earpiece n The charging point it slightly raised which is easily noticeable when u turn The phone to its back side. 

BECAUSE it raised and is not in contact with The Rubber grip found on The side of The phone The The point where The rubber and The stainless steel border meet u can easily distinguish that The steel border is raised above The rubber and not lie in The same straight line.

2. BECAUSE of The above situation on The front of The phone there is a Gap between The screen and The Left side steel border and also Gap between The keys and The left steel border and The backlight escapes thru this gap vividly. Mostly The backlight escapes thru keys  Q A Z ALT all The keys near to The LEFT side of The phone.

3. The The base of The keyboard on The BOLD 9900 where you have the empty patch to hold the phone.It is tilted and not properly aligned. Its up of The Right side of The phone an goes down to The Left side of The phone

I have already given it to a BB service centre near my city and they told me it will take 7 days for them to report The defect to higher RIM officials n that after looking at The photos n video of The defected phone will make a decision whether to issue a NEW handset or not?

I can vouch 100% there is defect but u have to look closely to see the fault. I can also say that The RIM officials will NOT  see these faults thru photos or videos and that only by holding the phone actually in your hand that u  can notice The faults.

I don't know what to do further PLEASE ANYONE WHO WENT THRU THIS SAME SITUATION CAN GUIDE ME?

IS THERE ANY  WAY I CAN CONTACT RIM CANADA DIRECTLY VIA A NUMBER OR MAIL?? SO I CAN REPORT THE SIUATION TO THEM?

BECAUSE I M SURE THESE INDIAN RIM OFFICIAL WILL NOT FIND A FAULT IN THE FONE N SEND ME MY OLD PIECE BACK.

THAK YOU PLZ REPLY ASAP

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BOLD 9900 manufacturing defect , defected handset, problem in the shape of the bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase or service center...even if they may have a poor reputation. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
siddheshveer

BOLD 9900 manufacturing defect , defected handset, problem in the shape of the bold 9900

so u mean to say that i have to put my complete faith in those BB service centre guys?

and even if they dont replace the device i should be happy with the defected body of the device for which i paid 500$?

is there no way i can reach the people at top and get a valid n fair solution?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: BOLD 9900 manufacturing defect , defected handset, problem in the shape of the bold 9900

I'm not saying what you should or should not put your "faith" into, nor what you should or should not be "happy" with, nor what is "fair". All I am telling you is what your contractually required (e.g., "valid") support channels are. All parties are bound to those contracts -- RIM, the carriers, the resellers, the service centers, and yes even the end users...all are bound to the contracts that are in place.

If you wish to appeal direct to RIM, I did provide you a method -- fee based, but still a method.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
siddheshveer

ok man, lets wait and watch what these BB service centre guys can pull out for me?
a rabbit or a New Bold 9900!

its really frustrating man i m BB supporter thru n thru...
thanks for your help
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

i will let u know whenever the situation resolves.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
siddheshveer

BlackBerry Incident Based Support

what is their basic Fee? how do they charge? based on what ? 

any idea bro?

thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I've never had cause to use it, so I have no direct information. But, if you click on some of the tabs on that page, there are some prices listed...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.