Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

BOLD stuck at 11% on Software Updates Screen

I stupidly tried to update my software today on my BOLD and I tried originally doing this OTA. I stopped the process when it was at 36% and then rebooted the device. It only got to 11%. I have rebooted it now dozens of times, tried plugging it into my computer without the battery, with the battery, in safe mode, tried restoring from the last backup in Desktop Manager, everything and there is nothing that I can do to get the device out of the screen of Software Updates and at 11% and I really need to use my BlackBerry. It doesn't matter to me if I have to wipe it completely, I just need to get to the device and work as soon as possible. Can someone please help me find out how to reset the device or get it out of this mode. As I mentioned, nothing will let me get past this screen and it automatically goes to this screen every single time I reboot it. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. I'm desperate.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BOLD stuck at 11% on Software Updates Screen

Hey dlnuich,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest doing a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320. Please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339.

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!