Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rainman
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BOLD wi-fi question

Just have a few (probably stupid) questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.  I have a new Bold on At&t and have successfully connected it to my home network.  Is there any confirmation that I'm connected to my home network (or any wi-fi network)?  Does the wi-fi icon on the home screen ever change color?  When I go to "Manage Connections" I have the wi-fi option checked, but there is no green check mark on the right, should there be?  If my device has access to the network and wi-fi and I open the "browser" it always opens the Media Net page.  When I go to options>browser configuration and try to change the homepage it will not let me, is there anyway around this?  If I open the browser how can I easily choose to use the wi-fi network rather than the carrier network?  I know that I can open it and then go to "bookmarks" and then choose "wi-fi hotspot login" to use the wi-fi, but it would seem that there would be an easier option.  Anyway, I think that covers it.  Any insight is appreciated. 

New Contributor
rainman
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BOLD wi-fi question

Okay.  I solved my own problem.  I re-sent service books, duh and it worked.  I orginally had a Curve (8310) and used the "switch device wizard" and suppose that it had a created the problem wiht respect the Browser and Wi-fi issues that I was having.