Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9780 bold
My Carrier: cheshire business systems

Backing up contacts and transferring them to excel and outlook

[ Edited ]

What should be so simple is turning into a disaster.

I have a blackberry bold 9780 -i have 8000+ contacts on it - some duplicated (say 1000). I have been into vodafone to transfer these to a new device - the red box reads 8000 -but it only transfers 4000. I cannot transfer them into outlook too. I have tried to install v6.1 but it says I have a later version installed even though I have uninstalled it and cant find any sign of this later version which doesnt show up; in the programs list in he control panel.

So i have a phone but I cn get the contacts off - they arent associated with an email address. if I installed my existing yahoo it ould show another 5000 unwanted email addresses i dont want on my phone or outlook.

can anyone help as im more frustrated than a mouthless man in a bosom factory

Simon Frustrated guy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Backing up contacts and transferring them to excel and outlook

Hey Frustratedguy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest to start by installing BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7.1, then attempt to synchronize the contacts to Microsoft Outlook and edit the duplicate contact from Outlook.

BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7.1 can be downloaded here:
http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

Let me know if you are able to get BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7.1 installed, if not what error do you receive?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!