Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Btacular
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Battery Charging Issue. PLEASE HELP.

Hi ,  i have a blackberry bold 9780 and i seem to have problems when it charges. I'll plug into my computer or my wall charger and after about 5 minutes or so , it will show that it's charged and will show that plug sign. I can plainly see that it isnt charged because the battery bar will be yellow or red. Can somebody please  tell me why this is happening ? Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Re: Battery Charging Issue. PLEASE HELP.

Have you tried doing a battery pull while it is charging off of the wall charger? Is it an OEM charger and have you installed some software that might have contributed to this problem? If this does not seem to work, perhaps it is time to try a new battery.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900

What you also can do is to just leave it charging. Even though it says full I think the battery is still getting its juice. From what I understand the batteries can get like this if they get completely empty for like a couple of times. Try that and also do a batt pull(while device is turned on just take out the battery and leave it out for about a minute before you put it back in).

I saw this from time to time when I had a 9700, but not more than a couple of times. Just leave it in until you like know that it should be full no matter what the indicator is saying.
Hope this helps!!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Some further research suggests that the charging circuit and battery charge detection in the phone may need to be reset. I have found that to do this in most cases means draining the battery to 5-15% pulling it for a minute then putting it on charge to fully charge as far as it will go and repeating the steps a good 5 or 6 times in a row.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Please use plain text.