Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
locoej
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Battery Issue!

I know..I know..there's been plenty of threads about this topic. I did research on the bad battery life some people have. I'm someone who text messages ALOT. Maybe atleast 15k-20k  a month. I just got this phone used about 3 weeks ago in great condition! I been loving everything about it so far! I had a iphone before, and worst phone for battery usage haha! Anyways, I've been using Blackberry Messenger alot now, and rarely text messaging. The BBM seems to be killing my battery so fast! I charge it 100% and within 30 minutes its already at 90%. I have plenty of friends who text a lot also, and there battery doesn't go down that fast! If I use normal texting, my battery does last longer, but I don't want to be using that all the time. I'm actually to the point where I'm going to buy a new battery or just stop using BBM.  Yes, I close all my applications, turn wifi off and turn down brightness. :smileyhappy:

Any advice?

I'm not trying to complain, but just sucks how I have to charge so many times. Besides that, blackberry has been my favorite phone so far!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Battery Issue!

locoej wrote:

....I just got this phone used about 3 weeks ago in great condition!

Hi locoej,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

Though you mentioned that the device is used but 3 weeks old...in that case usually this shouldn't happen. But do you know how the device is being handled in those 3 weeks?

I too use BBM a bit high but not like you (15-20k SMS!). I also agree that some version of apps exhausts battery life higher then normal apps. Please let know which version of BBM you're using? what is your device OS version and carrier name?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
pselah
My Device: bold 9000

They got it Three weeks ago used but in great condition not 3 weeks old...I got a used one also from my father just layin around not being used but plugged in and I have to charge evry nite,,,,,thought it would last longer

Regular Contributor
friskycashew
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650

Have you tried:

1. Turning down screen brightness
  2. Shortening the time until the backlight shuts off
  3. Close all apps completely (obvious)
  4. Turn off wifi when you do not need it.

These are just a few!

Hope this helps!

Jim

@friskycashew