Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
CatherineDemmer
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

Battery Life Bold 9780

Hey guys,

I bought my Blackberry Bold 9780 brand new a little over a year ago (May or June of 2011), and for the past ^ months (or more) I've become very frustrated with this phone. I charge it every single day, and every single day the same thing happens. My phone dies when when the icon shows the battery life as being HALF full. The phone never goes to the red blinking warning, it just gives the message "battery drained, shutting down handheld" with absolutely no warning, other times it just goes black and won't turn back on. Again, this happens every single day when the phone's battery shows the life as being 1/4 full OR MORE (often the battery is half full). WHY IS THIS HAPPENING IT IS SO F'ING ANNOYING!

help. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery Life Bold 9780

Have you tried a different battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CatherineDemmer

No, because I  don't really want to pay for one when I've taken good care of my phone and it really isn't that old. It's not even that the battery dies too quick it is more the fact that the battery icon will say it's half full when it clearly isn't and dies with no warning

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Which likely indicates a bad battery. Talk to your carrier about a replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CatherineDemmer

But don't warranties only last a year or so? I've had my phone for over a year but not that much longer!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It's a year. But if you can get to a Telus store they may help you out. No guarantees but I would start with replacing the battery. Lots of things can happen that can damage batteries. Has it been left in the sun and gotten hot? Left in a hot car? Drained completely dead?
Please use plain text.