Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

lizeck
My Device: Blackberyy Bold 9900

Battery Life and Crashing

I'm sick to death of my blackberry- I put it on charge all night and it lasts about 5 hours tops then turns itself off when it gets to 3/4 and when it reboots itself it shows orange battery light (nearly gone). It does this as well when i try and take a picture, it crashes, shuts itself off, reboots and i have NO battery life left.

Another problem i have is that the screen just goes black with an egg timer on it for hours before it finally sorts itself out. I desperately want to get rid of it but i have another year left on my contract what can i do?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery Life and Crashing

lizeck wrote:

I'm sick to death of my blackberry- I put it on charge all night and it lasts about 5 hours tops then turns itself off when it gets to 3/4 and when it reboots itself it shows orange battery light (nearly gone). It does this as well when i try and take a picture, it crashes, shuts itself off, reboots and i have NO battery life left.

Try this:

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it.  Do this the next couple of days.

Often, even with a new battery, the 'on-device' battery will get off-sync with the actual battery charge. The battery could be charged at 100%, but the device "sees" only 50% charge.

Don't drain your battery daily to 5-15%, always top off when you can. Get an extra charger, even for 10 minutes charge during a day, that can be be the extra two hours you need. Draining the battery kills the battery faster.

lizeck wrote:

Another problem i have is that the screen just goes black with an egg timer on it for hours before it finally sorts itself out. I desperately want to get rid of it but i have another year left on my contract what can i do?

Don't leave open applications running in the background. Close apps with the Menu key > Exit or Close.

Don't leave an open browser page running, close the browser the same way as above.

Make sure that Memory Cleaner is turned off. Go to Options > Security > Memory Cleaning and disable it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
lizeck
My Device: Blackberyy Bold 9900

Thanks for the help with that battery i'll try that

Regarding applications my phone recently decided to not recognise my password so everything was erased so i literally have nothing on it anymore, no applications running other than the 5 that always are

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's also not unheard of to have a defective battery. You might try another battery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!