Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Reply
New Contributor
Anastasia-82
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-22-2013
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.

[ Edited ]

omg, the baddest thing to buy new baterry for brand new phone..better will go back to shop :Wacko:

and still...maybe some updates loading and we do not see them>?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
K42patel
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-21-2013
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 6477024871

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.


Anastasia-82 wrote:

omg, the baddest thing to buy new baterry for brand new phone..better will go back to shop :Wacko:

and still...maybe some updates loading and we do not see them>?


actually the phone is almost 2 years old so i am guessing the battery is dead

 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ford1305
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-16-2013
My Device: blackberry bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Albania

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.

I agree with you Teaboy1748 about Lithium-ion batteries age. My Bold 9930 is a new one, I bought it online and work fine but I can't say the same for its battery. After a full charge my bat has 2-3 days life. Maybe after some time I'll buy a new one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
K42patel
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-21-2013
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 6477024871

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.

So it was the battery problem after all the battery works now and it won't crash so I suggest who ever has this problem to try a new battery and of it works buy another battery. However there is a new problem now. When the phone is starting up the phones loading bar will load like 75% and then I get the white screen of death.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
Posts: 1,184
Registered: ‎02-28-2009
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.

After having a battery that was going bad, it is possible that the instability of the power source from the battery caused an operating system fault.

 

I would suggest to re-install the operating system. I had this type of thing with a Storm. Re-installing the operating system fixed the problem. Maybe this will work for your case.

 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
K42patel
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-21-2013
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 6477024871

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.


jerryg50 wrote:

After having a battery that was going bad, it is possible that the instability of the power source from the battery caused an operating system fault.

 

I would suggest to re-install the operating system. I had this type of thing with a Storm. Re-installing the operating system fixed the problem. Maybe this will work for your case.

 


i want to reinstall the OS but when i put the battery in  the phone, the phone will start and the loading bar will load to 75% and then it will freeze for about 30 seconds and i get the white screen of death. the only way to get out of that screen is to do a battery pull and its the same thing again when i put it back in. i am not sure how to reload the OS if i cant even get the phone to start or anything.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
Posts: 7,969
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Battery / OS problem. On the 9900 Phone will crash due to sever battery drain.


K42patel wrote:

i want to reinstall the OS but when i put the battery in  the phone, the phone will start and the loading bar will load to 75% and then it will freeze for about 30 seconds and i get the white screen of death. the only way to get out of that screen is to do a battery pull and its the same thing again when i put it back in. i am not sure how to reload the OS if i cant even get the phone to start or anything.


Hello K42patel

 

Its good that your new battery has arrived . But As it struck on the loading the next step will be the OS relaod as jerryg50 also advice .

 

You can try two methods , first try to boot your device on Safe Mode , If it works then On that Mode Connect your Device and run Desktop Software , first do a Backup Of your device then perform an OS Reload .

 

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

 

 

But if you're unable to Boot or Start your device On Safe Mode then as a last option you have to the application loader to force the detection and to load the OS back on your device,But this method will delete all data within your device, If you have a previous Backup you can restore them after reload.

 

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

 

 

Try it and let us know of your progress.

 

Good luck.

___________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.