Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

lildee1234
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Battery Problem !?!?! HELP

Hi , I have a blackberry bold 9900, when i plug in my charger, the message that pops up says "the charging source conneced to your blackberry device cannot charge your battery." .

The thing is.. It charges whenever i take out my battery and put it back in, when ir estart it charges as normal, i have to restart my device everytime i want to charge it, someone help me please?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Battery Problem !?!?! HELP

Hi lildee1234

Are you plugging in your BlackBerry® smartphone to the charger that was supplied with it? 

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
lildee1234

yes, you know the thing that pops up in the battery bar when its fully charged and still on the charger, well thats popping up no matter how low the battery is and is not charging unless i restart it, then the electricity sign flashes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
just4fun7399
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

My blackberry charger broke that I got with my 9900 so I used a usb charger with the mini usb lead that came with phone and got the same message! So had to go out and buy new charger! Solved error message. So you could have a charger vault? Take it to a mobile phone shop that would have a spare charger for your mobile and ask them to test it! If the error message does not come up and charges ok then you will know its a new charger! If not then cud just well be a software vault? Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
lildee1234

i have the charger that came with it and the usb , i also have like 5 other chargers, every other charger i plug in, the same thing happens. i tried updating my software cause i have os 7.0 , and i heard theres 7.1 now but it wouldnt let me update

Please use plain text.