Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Thuriel
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Battery drained. Shutting down handheld.

So, my phone's charge dies at any time, regardless if I have at least 90% or 50% of battery charge or if I'm using x or y app.I don't know why this is happening and I've tried many things:

1. OS Wipe (Didn't install any apps and it still happened).
  2. Tried three different batteries.
  3. Tried different versions of OS (various from OS 5 and OS 6)
  4. Tried leaving the phone without an OS and it stays on for hours.

I've heard many things like battery meter's damaged (if so, how can that be fixed?).

Also, I should mention that the phone NEVER goes off if it's plugged to a charging source, it only happens after it's disconnected.

I'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9700

OS 6.0.0.723 (build 3016)

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Battery drained. Shutting down handheld.

Leave your phone battery in your phone and allow it to drain down to zero.  Once that's done, recharge your battery back to 100%.  The next step is to reload your OS again.  I know you've already done it but this time you've waited until your battery is completed depleted before doing it.  Don't load a new version of OS if you don't want to, just reload the current version you have running.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.

Give that a try and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thuriel
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Battery drained. Shutting down handheld.

Thanks man, I'll try to do so tomorrow. Any recommendations on how to lower it down to 0?
Please use plain text.