Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Battery issue 9700

Have asked a similar Q before with not much luck.

Having problems with my BB 9700 battery

O/S 6.0.0.668 (2949)

It seems to give inaccurate battery meter readings.

Some examples.

I usually charge my battery at nights when i'm asleep, i wake up 9 hours later with the phone still on charge but the meter reads 85% charged!!!! If i perform a battery pull it then reads 100% as it should be reading.

Tonight the battery was reading 50% charged,I tried to take a picture and it said the flash could not be used as the battery was too low? I performed a battery pull and after restarting the meter was in the orange and read 15%.......

I have deleted all aftermarket apps that i had downloaded onto the phone to ensure it was not one of these causing theis issue but it has not helped at all. 

Can anyone advise me as to whats wrong with it?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery issue 9700

I would replace the battery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Anyone else got any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You need a new battery. What other idea do you want? This exactly what a bad battery does.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Just looking for other peoples opinion as well, thanks for yours
Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fraz101 wrote:

Echo. Yep, replace the battery.

I've had some success, short term, with while charging the device, and the BlackBerry powered on, remove the battery, replace and reboot. There are times that the 'on-device' battery meter will get off-sync with the actual battery charge, and doing the above can get it back on sync. But if it is only topping out at 85% that's odd and that's what bad batteries do.

But from what you're describing, I'd replace the battery.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

fraz101 wrote:

Echo. Yep, replace the battery.

I've had some success, short term, with while charging the device, and the BlackBerry powered on, remove the battery, replace and reboot. There are times that the 'on-device' battery meter will get off-sync with the actual battery charge, and doing the above can get it back on sync. But if it is only topping out at 85% that's odd and that's what bad batteries do.

But from what you're describing, I'd replace the battery.

It only charges up to 85% but if i do a battery pull it then reads fully charged....?

I see loads of batteries for sale on amazon and ebay,would these be ok or cheap **bleep**?

I'm in the uk so if anyone can reccomend where to buy a decent genuine battery that would be great

Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, I've bought them off Amazon before.

Is yours the grey/black M-S1 model battery?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Yep it is an MS-1....

Contributor

Genuine BB M-S1 battery

Where can i buy a new GENUINE M-S1 battery from in the UK....

Not interested in spending £3 on a fake one from China off ebay or Amazon.......

Do Blackberry not sell them ?