If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ichabod
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Battery life suddenly reduced

I am suddenly experiencing vastly reduced battery life on my Bold 9650. It sounded the low battery alert in the middle of the afternoon on Friday and at around 8:30 p.m. today. The phone was off all day Saturday and was plugged into the charger from Friday night until the middle of this afternoon. This makes no sense to me, because I barely used the phone Friday or today, and as recently as last week, it was showing a good charge when I'd plug it in at 11 p.m. after a fair amount of usage through the day. Even on days of heavy usage, I've been making it until bedtime without the low battery alert. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to track this down without buying a new battery?

One difference in the last few days is that I have been home (some kind of human virus) all day, but I live a block from the cell tower, and my wifi signal reaches throughout the house pretty well. I thought that Friday's problem might have been interference from a wifi tablet, but I have scrupulously kept them apart today. Bluetooth is on, but that's normally the case.

The battery is relatvely new, bought within the last six months from a vendor on Amazon. It appeared to be identical to the factory-installed battery, which lasted about a year-and-a-half.

Background apps that have been running on both days have been Blackberry Messenger, Facebook, Password Manager, BHive Tasks, Google Maps, Google Search, and Evernote (which says it last synched on Nov. 27th). Nothing unusual.

Phone: Blackberry Bold 9650

Carrier: Verizon

OS version: 6.0 Bundle 3084 (v6.0.0.719, Platform 4.4.0.560)

No Enterprise service

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Battery life suddenly reduced

ichabod wrote : 

Background apps that have been running on both days have been Blackberry Messenger, Facebook, Password Manager, BHive Tasks, Google Maps, Google Search, and Evernote (which says it last synched on Nov. 27th). Nothing unusual

Hi ichabod

Those applications might be  responsible for quick battery drainage .If  we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) but you have so many running in the background . Google maps will also consume a lot of battery resources if left open in the background.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.