Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
janehowze
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Battery not charging

Hi

Has anyone had the battery just give out on the Blackberry bold?  Mine is fairly new--about a month old.  Last night it took 24 hours to charge and today the charging symbol was lit but it did not charge.  I have taken the battery and still nothing.  Can I just go to an ATT store and buy a new battery or is this a symptom of something more serious.  Thanks!

Jane

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Battery not charging

If you bought the device on ATT Store the device is under warranty, ask for a replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
franseftel
My Device: Blackberry Bold9900( I think!!)
My Carrier: UZO Portugal

Re: Battery not charging

Hi I was given a Blackberry Bold by my dad ( he bought it new about 2 years ago). It started off fine for me but seemed to need recharging very often. It was nor charging the other day so I changed the battery. After a day, it took forever to charge a tiny bit. Last night I left it on the whole night and when I woke up it was dead and won't charge at all now.Is this the usb connection giving trouble? I've seen that this has been happening to others with this phone on these posts. Unfortunately my service provider does not deal with Blackberry and there are no BB shops here in the North of Portugal, or not that I know of. Can you recommend any technical support contacts in my area who could help me? The closest big city is Porto, the next biggest Braga.Thanks, Fran

Please use plain text.