Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: Battery on Bold 9900

Two days sounds great. :smileyhappy: you should be really happy with that. Unfortunately, mobile device technology is developing faster then power supples. If you use a hoster this could give you a couple of hours as well and you could check for running apps by holding down the menu button for few seconds, there should be five apps showing.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elenicolaou
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

Thanks I agree 2 days does sound great....bering in mind this is a business phone thats using it entirely as a phone and nothing else. At the very minimum I would expect to be collecting emails throughout the day without my battery dying by midday...but hey ive exhausted all avenues of power savinsg and just about settled for what it is what it is now its a case of enjoy the phone just deal  with it !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Peggy99
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTS

I had a Curve until recently, and it kicked the pants out of the new Blackberry Bold 9900 for battery life. I didn't have to charge it for days.

This one, I'm lucky to get a day and a half doing *absolutely nothing* with it, even after following all of the "battery saving" suggestions.

I don't need bells and whistles.

I need something that wont die in half a day of regular use.

If you're reading this and considering this model of Blackberry - don't.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elenicolaou
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

okay can anyone answer this then...phone at100% then switched on with 6am alarm woke up to 85%...no activity
i have eveything switched off...incl data services..and no apps or feeds running or even in the background . It seems regardless of whatever power saving we try.....there is something draining this battery on idle at around 5%per hour which crazy !

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello!
As the phone was switched off over the night the only thing what's left is that there is a leak of power. It's a hardware problem and you should require a repair or exchange. It is a hard fault to diagnose and repair so my advice is to insist for replacement.

Regards,
Kostadin.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.