Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
helenefenn
My Device: 9900

Battery recently draining very quickly

Hi,  recently my 9900's battery is draining within 6-8 hours.  It is not the battery itself as I have 3 batteries that I use and it is happening to each one.  Any idea how I can find out what is happening.  Been happening for about 2 weeks now.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Battery recently draining very quickly

Hi helenefenn

Welcome to Support Forums

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background ,Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open on any active website when not in use.Turn off your Wi - Fi when not in use . If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at this Article I hope it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems .

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
helenefenn
My Device: 9900

Hi Prince. 

I have checked my settings are there is nothing running in the background (already checked this).

I always close apps as I am aware that it is still running.

Wi-fi is never on.  And i only turn on my blue tooth when I am in my car.

I will look at the article.  It is very frustrating is it was a sudden thing that happened and now doesn't last.  There are times that it doesn't even last 3 hours.

Helene

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi helenefenn

Well if you are already following those tips then you can check your Carrier site to Update or reload your Device OS to rule out any Software issue. Because it is odd if your battery last for only 3 hrs. 

Prince

Please use plain text.