Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

BlackBerry 9700 'No Service' - Please HELP

[ Edited ]

Hi, Can anyone help me please? =P
Yesterday my BB bold 9700, randomly 'No Service' appeared on my home screen and a 'X' in the signal area. It was working perfectly fine before.

I turned my phone off and put it back on It does say 'Searching For Networks' then goes back to 'No Service' I have reset it and rebooted the phone.
I also updated my OS to see if that was the issue, but nope it still didnt work. (So I downgraded it back to OS5)

I checked online for solutions, then found one that said reset the phone to factory settings. So I did this and it still says 'No Service'
So I cannot text, call or use the wifi.. I checked if it was my O2 connection by putting my sim into another phone, and it works fine. Also checked O2 connection online and it said there was no problem in the area.
I did the whole, going on to 'Mobile Network Options' and changing the 'Network Selction Mode' from 'Automatic' to 'Manual'  after its scanned for networks, it says 'Scan for networks timed out. Please try again later'

- Erm, I think thats it...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry 9700 'No Service' - Please HELP

Have you tried a replacement sim card?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes i have, i have also tried another network.

my SIM works fine in another phone, its something to do with the phone..... im lost without it

Ive called O2 and they are sending me a another SIM i will try this

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If your sim works fine in another phone then you are right, it's probably the phone. I would try this:

Make a full backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Wipe the device by going to Options >Security Options >Wipe Handheld. Make sure you make the full backup first or you will lose your data.

Then see if it picks up a signal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi,

thank you for replying.
I have done this and I still have no signal. =(

Guru II

Then, most likely, the radio in the device has failed. I've seen it before. It's likely time for a new device. If you like the 9700 you'll really like the 9780. There is also the Bold 9900 with the touch screen. When my wife's 9700 died we moved her to th3 9780 and she loves it.
New Contributor

Ohh, that kinda makes sense.
Ah. man.. I'm not good with change, really dislike it haha.

O2 is sending me a replacement SIM, I shall try it as a last resort.

Thank you for your help! Really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Guru II

The 9780 is almost no change.  It's virtually the same device but faster, more memory and OS6.

New Contributor

I recieved my replacement sim card.

- My BB still says 'No Service'

Currently searching for a new phone! =/ =(

Guru II

Bummer.