Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cm67
My Device: BB8900 / BBPlaybook64GB

BlackBerry 9900 Bricked with Red Lights (error 27 (11011))

Hello, I have a BB 9900 that decided to die on me. I have read hundreds of posts concerning a similar issue and have tried a number of things to resolve the issue. Initially my phone was fine then I noticed the screen went bright and then shut off. I then did a battery pull and a tred to reboot the phone. The phone had a REdlight Blink of two blinks then a long pause and then again. I went through the process of trying to reload the OS, and it seemed that progress was being made. The Computer woudl see the Device and Blackberry Desktop woudl then state the OS needed to be reloaded. I then proceeded to attempt a reload several times in a variety of ways including using apploader with and without JVM. No luck always an unexpected error has occured. I then bought a new battery for the phone and tried it again several times same issue. I then downladed the Blackberry Master Control Program and followed the instruction to reload using the steps of Nuke then wipe. Problem was that The Nuke step failed and so Wipe could not work and after that My phone will no longer connect to the computer and now has the Blink blink pause blink blink (11011) error. Is there anyway to reflash the phone using another tool? I ahev also tried the BBSAK tool. I could not figure out how to get the Nemesis QCEFSWipe utility going. Can I send the phone to BlackBerry(RIM) and pay them to flash it or reload it? I'm not worried about my data, I would just like the phone to be useable again, While I wait for my Blackberry Z10 (March 27th).

Thank you in advance for your help.

New Contributor
cm67

Re: BlackBerry 9900 Bricked with Red Lights (error 27 (11011))

Does anyone know wher I can send my phone to be repaired or a phone number to call?
New Contributor
cm67

Dear BlackBerry,

I would liek to get my phone repaired. I have no idea what number to call or where to send it or even if it is possible to have it fixed. I'm not worried about it being under Warranty, and if the price is fair I will gladly pay for the repair.

Please someone let me know if there is a number or place I can send the phone to to be repaired. I have about 40 more days to wait before the Z10 comes out on T-mobile and woudl like my Bold 9900 to be back up and running.

Thank you and have a great day,

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user. If you are under warranty, you need to check your original purchase documentation to discover the exact terms of your warranty as well as the exact method you must use to exercise it...no one here can know what that is. If you are unsure, then contact your original place of purchase as they may be able to tell you.

Otherwise, you can seek out local (to you) hardware technicians who are qualified in BBs. Again, no one here can know what "local to you" means...you must seek that out in your local area. You perhaps can start with your mobile service providers shop and see if they have any recommendations for you.

If you want to have actual BlackBerry help and ask them if they will undertake it (which I honestly doubt, but you never know!), there is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
cm67

Thank you for the response and direction.

I purchased my phone outright througha phone retailer and not my carrier. T-Mobile is pretty frustrating sometimes, grin. I believe my phone is out of warranty as It has been close to 18 months I think since I originally purchased the phone. I am just assuming I am out of warranty. Either way your reply tells me what I needed to know, and I greatly appreciate it.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

In that case, TM actually never would have provided you with any device-level warranty support...your original place of purchase (or, depending on region, an authorized service center) would have done so.

It is always a tricky situation to buy the device from a place other than the actual carrier...when purchased from the actual carrier, they then have full support responsibility for everything. When the device is purchase elsewhere, each may be more inclined to "blame the other entity" rather than spend any actual time diagnosing a situation. A sad commentary, but it does happen.

In any event, good luck to you!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code