Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Rishabh-India
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780 (Bold 3)
My Carrier: Blackberry

BlackBerry Bold 3 (9780) "Battery Drained, shutting down device" issue.. and several others..

Hi,

I have been facing a lot of issues with my BlackBerry Bold 3.. Though, I had been a huge fan of RIM Phones and service, my experience this time has been HORRIBLE (Yes, please read that out in CAPITALS)..

My likeness for BB started with my first Curve which I found to be a good phone (and potentially a game changer for phones era in India). Eventually, I bought a BB Torch and then landed up on the currently possesed BOLD 3 (9780) - one of the worst decisions of my life.

Within a few days of buying it for around 22,000 Rupees (approx. 410 USD), the Black Bold curse started encountering problems ranging from disrupted BBM, delayed emails, Battery draining problem, suddenly shutting down camera; and it got extremely slow as well (please note that this was without installation of any major apps or heavy data).

I gave the phone for repairs in Delhi, they kept the phone for about 3 days and returned it back to me, as if un-touched (except, the device being formatted and screen protectors being replaced-i guess to make it look serviced). The problem persisted, on and off..

Since, I keep busy in my work, din't have much time to spare for standing up in ques at the BlackBerry "Expert" Center and hence had to gulp that frustration like clean water..

The situation got worse with Battery Draining problem persisting and the device going suddenly off. Gave it for repairs again about 2 weeks back and got it back again as if "untouched".

Today morning, I was crossing a beautiful street while on the way to office and thought of clicking a picture from my  5 "Mega Pixel" camera. To my surprise, the camera did not open up. When I try to open it up, the screen goes black and eventually an error message pops up "could not start Viewfinder". I opened the camera for the first time today since I got the phone repaired back a few days back, and I guess its clear that Camera function stopped working because of the "repair" work done by BlackBerry Support.

So, what I have today is, a BlackBerry Bold 3, which from the day 1 has not been working properly. And a Big Fat Canada based company which is not potent enough to take care of consumer problems in a strategically important country like India.

Now, I have given the phone for repairs back again (for the third time) today, and hoping for a resolution. This time, I will check through the phone at the center itself for repair work supposedly done. If it is not been done and again its a false trap that I am going to be getting in, I will leave the device on their table itself and will straight away go to the CONSUMER COURT/FORRUM.

I am sorry if I am being perceived rude but treat this as an alarm since it is working quiet well towards worsening the already weak position of BlackBerry in India.

Regards,

A FRUSTRATED USER/CONSUMER

Rishabh (India)

Please use plain text.