Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Shawn_virk
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Error 507

I was updating my blackberry putting the new software on it and while it was happening my mac computer shut down and the Error 507 came on to my phone. I tried reaconecting to blackberry desktop software to repair. but as it begins to repair it doesnt do it, it says it cant do it. I need help asap plzzz

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Error 507

Hi Shawn_virk

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Error 507 means there is no OS on your device ,  follow this Knowledge Base to load the Device software on your device:

KB19915 : Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac Computer.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seanlynxxx
My Carrier: Digicel

Doesn't work when I try............The "applications" tab is grayed out but I tried using the desktop software menu bar & selected "check for updates". However, after selecting the device software version that was installed prior to attempting the update, the phone is still unable to connect to the desktop software.......any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Seanlynxxx wrote:

Doesn't work when I try............The "applications" tab is grayed out but I tried using the desktop software menu bar & selected "check for updates". However, after selecting the device software version that was installed prior to attempting the update, the phone is still unable to connect to the desktop software.......any ideas?

Hello Seanlynexxx

Are you using the main USB port , or have you tried a different ports ? Also Restart your PC and try all over again .

If your device is not detected by desktop Software then you should try this KB to reload the OS :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please note the above method will not work on a mac , you have to do it over Windows.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seanlynxxx
My Carrier: Digicel

"Solution"

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Seanlynxxx wrote:

"Solution"

Hi Seanlynxxx

We are glad  if you're able to recover your device from this error :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Please use plain text.