Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hkcwwong
My Device: Blod 9700

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

Dear MisurA,

Having failed even I use pure Chinese Environment. (Software is installed with Chinese and location is set yo Hong Kong.)

1. Even I disable Automatic Software Update, Desktop Manager (both ver 5.0 and ver 5.0.1) disallows me to use the CSL verion of software. (It automatically search the web.)

2. When I try to get back to my Curve 8900, all East Asain Language Input Supports are removed.

Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisurA
My Device: BB Bold 9700 (3G, WiFi) v5.0.0.330 (platform 5.1.0.91)

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

Hi,

Did you delete Vondor.XML file after you install the devise software? This is the file that limits you from exploring the Language support files, you need to delete it.

- owner of BB Bold 9700 (carrier: T-Mobile US)
- if my post solved your problem, please click & "accept as solution"
- if you find my posts helpful, please be kind to click "kudos" star
Please use plain text.
Visitor
susy_retnowati
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi, I have done step 1-7 like u said. But when go to step 8, always got error message: error while downloading software - pls verify your internet connection or try later. What should I do? Pls advise. ‎​.·.◦†нªηк's◦.·.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hkcwwong
My Device: Blod 9700

Hi MisurA,

Yes, I did delete the file.

When I connected my CSL device with same steps, Desktop Manage allowed me to access ONLY CSL device software.

Do you have any idea that if there may be some protection being built to prevent us from crossing over software from various serivce providers?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jerrytt
My Device: 9700

hi, MisurA,

Thanks and appreciate your post.

My BB 9700 now is working well with Chinese language!!!

Very Good instruction!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonathanloo

I installed the BB desktop manager v5.01. However, I count find out the Traditional/Simplified Chinese support as I dint see any support of the “East Asian Character and Font Support". What should I do or it coudt due to the country i select?

1. I selected Malaysia but not get it.

2. I selected US also dint get.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samlau

Hi, I installed Desktop mgr and Device software Download both in Chinese and delete Vondor.XML.

I connect the USB and Bold 9700 and click Application loader, but I don't see Application loader wizard and the rest.  Continuing down I don't see the update list of languages as you suggest.  So I am back to being unable to see any Chinese.

What did I do wrong?

samlau

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MisurA
My Device: BB Bold 9700 (3G, WiFi) v5.0.0.330 (platform 5.1.0.91)

[ Edited ]

Hi jonathanloo I did all my settings in Chinese, have you tried it?

- owner of BB Bold 9700 (carrier: T-Mobile US)
- if my post solved your problem, please click & "accept as solution"
- if you find my posts helpful, please be kind to click "kudos" star
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonathanloo

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I dont get what you mean Misura?

I tried thousand of times. Remove BB DM 5.0.1 B49 multi-language and reinstall. I still cant get the East asian language font support. I have totally no idea why some of BB user can get the different firmware. Will it be the BB problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samlau

Hi jerrytt, and friends

-Can you pls tell me what you did and list all the steps you did.  So far I have no luck.

1-I bot BB Bold 9700 Feb 6, 2010.

2-I transferred my data from BB Curve 8310 to Bold 9700, using Device Switch wizard. The 8310 had been installed with Hong Kong CSL..

3-I then checked the Bold 9700 and found most date were transferred but pictures or ring tones were not transferred.

4-No Chinese characters or input methods werer transferred.

5-Then I downloaded HK CSL, select simplied Chinese or traditional Chn,  I tried both, the characters appeared  in next screen were meaningless garbage characters.  The language list contains no more than Deutsch or Italian.

6-I knew the software I am downloading is not functioning correctly.

7-Weh finished, Chn characters transferred from Curve 8310 could not be displayed, but showed up in several black blocks.  Input methods could not be found.

8-I have tried to download HK CSL  and with Desk Mgr  both in Chinese and Vondor.XML deleted as suggested by misurA.  And no Chinese or any other Asian languages ever appeared in HK CSL download.

Questions:

-Before I tranferred the data from old BB Curve  8310, Should I first have connected the new Bold 9700 toDM, click Application Loader, install the Chinese,

then download HK CSL

then transfer the data from Curve 8310?

I suspect the HK CSL now in the data from the old BB Curve 8310 is interfering with the download of HK CSL to Bold 9700.

In that case, how do I revert the Bold 9700 back to the factory default setting, and start fresh again?

I called the tech support people in Rogers Communications (service provider) and they had no idea but only said they don't  know Chinese or HK CSL and they don't support thirt party software.

Last time(December 12, 2008) I downloaded HK CSL to my Curve 8310, I didn't have this hassel. It was quite straight fwd. It has been working perfect.

Help from you, or misurA or friends or BlackBerry tech support people would be greatly appreciated.

samlau

I own Bold 9700

handheld software v.5.0.0.554

package version 5.0.0.554

Appliction v.5.0.0.351

software platform 5.1.0.98

Desktop manager 5.0.1

Please use plain text.