Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Lili9999
My Device: Bold 9700

BlackBerry Bold 9700 - trakpad double clicking

Good day, 

I love my phone - i have it for over 2 years now and didnt want to get a new phone until 2 days ago.

The trakpad on my phone is super sensitive - if i click it useally double clicks and already go into the next menu without me selecting it or ending messages or changing chats when i do click it. I have tried to change the settings on the sensitivity of the trackpace but unfortunately this had no effect on the problem. I have also tried to clean it externally as much as i could, but still no luck. I do hope that there is a simple straight forward solution. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best regards

L

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 - trakpad double clicking

Sounds like an hardware issue.

Check this out. You buy a new one and change it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCmCRNPYe4

http://www.amazon.com/ORIGINAL-BLACKBERRY-9700-TRACKPAD-NAVIGATION/dp/B0049MTCPE

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
Lili9999

Hello, 

thank you for the quick reply and the video - it was a great help - the error that was expalined in the youtube vid is exactly what my phone does. Im in South Africa and wont be able to order from Amazon. Do you think my local service provider be able to assist with the repair and keep these spare? 

Thank you again.

L

Contributor
Lili9999

BlackBerry Bold 9700 - trakpad double clicking

Hello, 

thank you for the quick reply and the video - it was a great help - the error that was expalined in the youtube vid is exactly what my phone does. Im in South Africa and wont be able to order from Amazon. Do you think my local service provider be able to assist with the repair and keep these spare? 

Thank you again.

L

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

You can try ask them, but honestly I think they will not be able to help. Probably you should find an online store, that ships worldwide. I don`t think that it will be a problem. Looks like this part is common. Maybe you can even find it in your country.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold

try use rubber to use your trackpad, because it's very sensitife
Contributor
Lili9999

Thank you for all the help - I found an awesome repair shop close to home and they fixed the trakpad in 24hours. So my phone is back to norml :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Lili9999

Thank you for your help :smileyhappy:.