Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

BlackBerry Bold 9700 won't turn on, led light blinks.

I've recently got a brandnew blackberry bold 9700, which ive got one day now and it just won't turn on anymore. I rebooted it because I removed an app, and the only thing it does now is blinking the red led light 4 times in a row. I tried almost everything (apploader, jl_cmder, leave batt out for one hour). I went to the vodafone store, but they couldnt help me because i lost my receipt. PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold - what a waste of money that was

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 won't turn on, led light blinks.

Game over my friend.  My 9900 has done the same thing and has gone back for repair. Been a BB supporter for years now I am sick of it.  No more for me, this is the last one.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900

Im getting the same on my bold 9900.i done a update earlier,now wont turn on.getting red lights but nothing.help.....................

pauldebok wrote:

I've recently got a brandnew blackberry bold 9700, which ive got one day now and it just won't turn on anymore. I rebooted it because I removed an app, and the only thing it does now is blinking the red led light 4 times in a row. I tried almost everything (apploader, jl_cmder, leave batt out for one hour). I went to the vodafone store, but they couldnt help me because i lost my receipt. PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I've got the same. Had 2 BlackBerry's before, but now for me no more BlackBerry. Have been searching the forums, but nothing helps. Don't understand anything of BlackBerry's help. Can't find a number I can call for help. So you're right game over, unless someone got a super idea. I hope so, but don't think anyone can solve this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Same for me with a Bold 9000 and NO GOOD RESPONSE from BlackBerry Support.

In a year or so RIM may cease to exist. 

New Contributor

I think you are correct - its going to die or be swallowed up by someone else. Its definately my last but unfortunately I have 18 months to go so I hope it lasts that long.

New Contributor

Well mine went away to Carphone Warehouse repair and it was replaced by a new unit after a week. The new 9900 is preloaded with OS 7.1 and is much faster and the battery life a lot better - I'm guessing the early 9900's are a pile of wombats jobbies but they darent tell anyone in case of a rush.  Fingers crossed it makes it to the end of the contract.