Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Hosam
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: STC

BlackBerry Bold 9780 Freezes + Battery Very High Usage

Dear All,

My Device info: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Your carrier: Saudi Telecommunication Company (STC).

6.0 Bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)

Apps

- Facebook

- Twitter

- MySpace

- Windows Live Messenger

- Yahoo! Messenger

- Google Talk

- AOL Instant Messenger

- MemoPad

- Tasks

- Calculator

- Word To Go

- Sheet To Go

- Sildeshow To Go

- Files

- Voice Dailing

- Password Keeper

- Certificate Search

- 4 Games (Brickbreaker, Word Mole, Sudoku, Klondike)

free space: 264,143,064 Bytes

My Issues:

- Hight Battery Consumption (even when it is in the holster).

- Heating.

- Lagging/Freezing while using.

It started on last Wednesday (20/07/2011). Before that, it was fine.

I've noticed the high battery consumption & the lagging/freezing (the loading clock appears always).

I keep 3G switched OFF always, unless when I need a high speed internet for seeing photos or videos.

I used to recharge the battery before this issue every 5 days. Now, I recharge everyday. 

I regularly use my BlackBerry not more than 30 - 60 minutes daily. I only use the BlackBerry Messenger & check on emails.

I bought this device on 01/07/2011.

I have inserted 3 emails (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail).

My assumption, is that it might be working in the background in doing processes/tasks by itself. Though I don't use any applications that much.

Please advise on my issue, & how can I resolve it?

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,

Hosam Nasser

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9780 Freezes + Battery Very High Usage

Some of your apps, most notably facebook, twitter and your messenger apps, are always running in the background.  With so many social apps loaded to your phone, getting 1-2 days on a full charge is not at all unusual.  I'd say you're fine.

Let us know if you have any other questions.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hosam

I don't use any of the social applications. Except for the Windows Live Messenger, sometimes.

Besides, when I press on facebook or twitter, it says that my plans are suitable for using them.

The only applications I use daily: BlackBerry Messenger, & Email checking, that's all.

Could it be that my BlackBerry is a defective? or it's because of the new OS?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It's probable but not likely.  As for the OS you're using, I've had it previously loaded to my phone to test it and I encountered no problems at all with it.

For the next couple of days, remove your battery once a day while your phone is powered on.  If your high battery consumption and heating of the phone continues, get back to us.  Otherwise, there's nothing way out of the ordinary with what you're describing to us.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hosam

Dear Bill,

The only Applications I use daily are:

- BlackBerry Messenger.

- Email Checking (Hotmail, Gmail & Yahoo! Mail).

The social application like facebook & twitter aren't accessible for me, because of the plans of my carrier, as when I press the facebook or twitter icon.

Regarding Windows Live Messenger, I use it RARELY.

I am guessing that it's either 1 of 2:

- My device is a defective, manufacturing issue/programming or whatever.

- The new OS.

Can't say it's 100% for sure, but that's what I am guessing. Please advise

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hosam

I have recharged the battery of BlackBerry all night long, then when I woke up before going to work, I unplugged my BlackBerry & turned it off. 

After coming back from work, I've switched on my BlackBerry to check if I have received any messages. But what i have noticed is that the Battery of my BlackBerry has been consumed till it reached 40% !!! though it was switched off !!

Please see the following video:

Here

It shows how slow my blackberry is.

So the video was taken by my iPhone & I didn't know that it would rotate that direction.

Please support in my issues.

Should I return it back to the place I bought it from? or ask for someone to fix the programming? return to factory settings?

Please advise.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hosam

Kindly see the following videos:

Fully Charged & turned off

Turned on & 40% battery consumed

As you can see that I have fully charged the battery to 100% @ around 1:20 AM, then turned it off till 7:15 AM. & there was a Battery consumption as shown.

& it still my BlackBerry freezes or lags or gets stuck on the clock loading logo.

I have took off the battery several times, but still nothing changed, the same issues.

Please let me know what could be the root causes of my problem. Is my BlackBerry Bold is a defective one? Battery Problem? OS Problem? Settings Probelm? 

But if there is anything that I can do from my side that would help in solving this issue would be better.

I'm not being able to use my BlackBerry @ all because of this stupid issue!!! I'm thinking of going to the retail services center & see if they can handle this issue.

BillJ

The heating up is no longer  there, but the high battery consumption + lagging & freezing are still there.

Please advise.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hosam

Nobody have replied on my topic with a solution, guess I'll be going to the service center to see if they can resolve my issue or bring me another BlackBerry device.

Please use plain text.
BertBerry
My Device: bold 9780

I have the same issue with my device, and as you know vendors in Saudi are greedy and you wont get a replacement 

The problem started from the first day I used the device, High battery usage and clock loading logo all the time for long periods.

I have googled this and no one provided a solid solution to it.

please let us know the outcome of your visit to the service center 

Please use plain text.
daddio17
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

i had the same problem and i did a software upgrade then it was fine for about a week then it would start it again..i finally sent it in to get a new phone...its a glitch somewhere..hope that helps...Al
Please use plain text.