Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blaclberry 9780
My Carrier: Some shop
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold 9780

Hello, i have BlackBerry Bold 9870. I don't know  the cause of the problem, i have been  using it for 4/5 years from now.

I read in few posts that it has something to do with Java.

This is what it shows:

Black berry Platform:6.5.0.54
uncaught exception : Javalang.nullpointer ecxeption

App error 606
Reset

I download the destop version i.e.,

BlackBerry Support Desktop Software v7.1.0 B42 (Multilanguage).exe

But still it doesn't show anything in the BB Support Desktop  software.

Can anyone suggest something besides this.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Here is what BlackBerry says about that error:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23954

Here's what I would do:

First, I'd try booting in safe mode. Remove the battery. While holding the back key insert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds and then let go. Does it work in safe mode?

If that doesn't work I'd do a Clean OS reload:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blaclberry 9780
My Carrier: Some shop

Thank you John_Clark, i followed your step #6 and i proceeded to delete all the installed application that was Java enabled.
After the loader did its job, my Black Berry booted as it should have.

Thank you for your suggestion, it worked and the phone is working properly..
Please keep up the good work.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Great to hear!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!