Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Currently do not have provider

BlackBerry Bold 9900 CANNOT able to turn on and CANNOT upgrade OS

I have serious problems with my balckberry bold 9900 model.

When I turn on my device, it shuts off by itself within 3 seconds.

I have discussed this issue with blackberry support centre. They told me to upgrade or reinstall OS.

Hence, I tried to upgrade OS with blackberry desktop manager (BDM). To do that, I connected my blackberry to my computer with USB connection, but it lost connection within 3 seconds. My computer CANNOT able to connect with my blackberry. Also, I have tried with 4 different computers to check whether my blackberry cannot pair with my computer. But all 4 computers had failed, so I concluded there is a problme with my blackberry.

Also, I have tried to use AppLoader.exe file to connect my blackberry with my computer, but it lost its connection within 3 seconds, so I couldn't upgrade my OS.

So, Please provide a solution to fix this problem. I need to know how to connect my blackberry with my computer not losing their connection, so I can upgrade OS at leaset.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 CANNOT able to turn on and CANNOT upgrade OS

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, it sounds like you have a battery problem...which, as you have discovered, no amount of software or OS attempts can be of any use.

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Currently do not have provider

I am not still able to turn my device on. What it does is it just show me a red light for few seconds and do nothing.

Is there any other solution for turning on my device?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Unfortunately, since you have given me absolutely no specific results from the very specific processes I asked you to run, I can deduce nothing further. Please tell me exactly what happened with BOTH processes I gave you, complete details please. Only with those results can I have new information from which to hopefully formulate a next step for you. Lacking that information leaves me to simply guess...which can actually be quite dangerous.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code