Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

shaohua
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Disable touch screen

anyone know how to disable touch screen function on BlackBerry Bold 9900, Thanks!
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Disable touch screen

Hello shaohua

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry you cannot disable the touchscreen on you Bold 9900. Why do you want to disable it ,  are you having any problem with it !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
KnucklesL
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I too would like to disable the touch screen.  It's a useless feature to someone like me who is used to a Blackberry without a touch screen, and who cannot easily use the device without the touch screen interfering with what I'm doing such as trying to type an e-mail or a text.  Is it possible to disable the touch screen?

Elite II
prince2012

KnucklesL wrote:

I too would like to disable the touch screen.  It's a useless feature to someone like me who is used to a Blackberry without a touch screen, and who cannot easily use the device without the touch screen interfering with what I'm doing such as trying to type an e-mail or a text.  Is it possible to disable the touch screen?

Hello KnucklesL

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As already mentioned , you cannot disable that feature ! But On BlackBerry World there were few apps which you can use to lock your Touchscreen .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
KnucklesL
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Are you writing about the GlassLock ap?  The aps I see on Blackberry World (thank you for sending me there!) seem to pertain more to locking the screen during phone calls and I have no problem with phone calls, only with typing on the keypad.  Thanks.

Elite II
prince2012

KnucklesL wrote:

Are you writing about the GlassLock ap?  The aps I see on Blackberry World (thank you for sending me there!) seem to pertain more to locking the screen during phone calls and I have no problem with phone calls, only with typing on the keypad.  Thanks.

Hi there,

Yes there are apps which can lock your touchscreen during a call , But I'm unsure if any apps are available which can lock the touchscreen while typing . You can search app world if any application are available for that purpose.

BS1954
My Device: Bold 9790

I have a Bold 9790, is it possible for me to disable the touch screen. I am constantly either turning on or turning off features on my phone which I am unaware of. I have tried to make the screen less sensitive, but it is of no use for my problem.
Elite II
prince2012

BS1954 wrote:
I have a Bold 9790, is it possible for me to disable the touch screen. I am constantly either turning on or turning off features on my phone which I am unaware of. I have tried to make the screen less sensitive, but it is of no use for my problem.

Hi BS1954

You cannot disable the touchscreen but as already suggested you Install an application from BlackBerry World which will serve your purpose .

BS1954
My Device: Bold 9790

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try but as I have never downloaded anything from app it could be an adventure in itself. Best regards

New Contributor
SeanMac
My Device: 9780

That's too bad.  I heard that the touchscreen adds a lot of battery drag.  I never use it and would love to reduce battery power to it if not needed.