Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Bold 9900 - My keyboard stopped working...

So I have a 9900 and I only got it about 3 months ago. I've done numerous battery pulls since getting it and it doesn't help. 

This past weekend the keyboard decided it was done. I had already been having difficulty with the "Delete" key (if I press it once, it deletes all of the text), but now the "x" key is hypersensitive. I tried to go through and change the settings around, but it's useless. Any time I try to type anything, all I get is a multitude of "x"s. 

The "Return" key next to my track pad is also on the fritz now and will not work unless I use a fair bit of force and precision. 

Please help - this phone is new and I'm really disappointed. 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 - My keyboard stopped working...

I've had issues with the return key in the past (another model but same issue).  If your battery pulls aren't doing any good, the next step is an OS reload using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you still face issues, it's time to take the phone back to Bell for a replacement.  You have a one-year warranty on it.  They'll probably send it away and give you a loaner but that's about the only alternative you have at this point.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9600
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 - My keyboard stopped working...

I've been having problems with my BB 9900 too - first it wasn't responding and so I pulled the battery, restarted, plugged it in, took battery out, restarted multiple times.  At first I didn't even get a log in screen, but I could see it downloading all of my messages and flashing red light indicator was on.  Then I downloaded my Desktop Manager on another computer and installed and upgraded to 7.1 Bundle 2840 and rebooted to the screen password -  Just no keyboard!  It has synched, backed up, etc. but I can't get in!

What do I do?

Les