Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

BlackBerry Bold 9900

I purchased a second hand blacberry phone took it to a cell phone repair shop had it unlocked and changed provider, now the person who sold me the phone left all her personal info on it and she cant remember her blackberry id password so i can use the phone. She sent me a email to change my password yet shes still coming up in THE USERNAME FIELD. HOW DO I GET MY NAME HERE AND MY PASsWORD?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please follow all of the steps in this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The WIPE step will remove all of her data as well as the association to her BB ID. But, since you are not the seller, hopefully she already completed all of her steps...if not, then this BB may not be able to be registered for BB services in your name.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code