Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Bold 9930 Issue - Urgent

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 in India! My Network Provider is Vodafone, Haryana! I am using this phone since June, 2012 and everything was working perfectly on my phone! On this 24th January, 2013, I upgraded my OS from 7.1 Bundle 457 to latest  7.1 Bundle 2123. I installed the OS successfully and after that BIS Plan on my phone stopped! EDGE became edge! I am following up the Vodafone Data team continuously since then! They can see my Pin and IMEI Number! It's the same as it was earlier! Today they deactivated my BIS Plan and asked me to activate it again! After doing that also, edge didn't came as EDGE! And they finally concluded that there is problem in my OS! I have downgraded my OS to Bundle 457 but the same issue is there! When I click on Register Now in Host Routing Table, I don't receive any message in return!

Results of Diagnostic Test-

Radio Data Activation: Yes

Signal Level: -84 dBm

Radio Access: EDGE

Network: Vodafone IN

IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xx (x written coz of Security, otherwise its available in numeric)

ICMP Ping Echo: Yes

----------------------------------

BlackBerry Registration: No

Connected to BlackBerry: Abort

BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

I have 3 entries in Service Book:
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
Facebook [CICAL]

Kindly tell me whom to contact for this, Vodafone or BlackBerry! Vodafone's people have easily said that its problem with the Phone not at their end!

Regards,

Rajiv Arora

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 Issue - Urgent

Hey rajivarora,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue may be caused if the wireless service provider has not correctly provisioned the BlackBerry smartphone for BlackBerry data services. Contact the wireless service provider to apply the correct provisioning plan to the BlackBerry smartphone, if the BlackBerry smartpone is provisioned with the correct BlackBerry data services please request for your wireless service provider to contact BlackBerry on your behalf for further investigation.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930

My network operator says that all services are working fine from their end! When I put my sim in another BlackBerry device, BIS starts working on that phone! I get all the entries in Service Books! Its only not working in my phone! When another BIS activated sim is put in my phone, the result is same, it doesnt works!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Hi Rajeev,

I have bought the same phone recently and using it on Vodafone India network. It is an unlocked Verizon phone. But I dont have any entries for service books and host routing table. Can please let me know how you got these 2 on your phone initially. I am able to connect to internet through the browser using wi-fi. I have also activated a BIS plan but I am not able to connect to BBM only with that. I can connect to BBM only when I connect to wi-fi.

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930

Hi,
I also have the same problem did it work ?? please let me knw i also vodafone ...

Regards
Mike
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930

[ Edited ]

Hi Rajiv,

Hope u got it fixed it had happen... pls let me knw .. its been a month sitting jlt !!!!! its horrible, If possible can u please mail me at [removed]

Regards

Mike

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

My Device: BB 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone-Delhi

Hi Rajvee, 

I'am having the same issue , no entries in host routing table ..have tried to contact the vodafone team several times but they just saying its problem with ur handset ..please advise if you have got a solution to the this internet problem 

thanks

ankit

My Device: BB 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone-Delhi

[ Edited ]

Hey ..did u find any solution to it , if please let me know ..or send me an email at [removed personal information]

My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Solved - I had purchased a Verizon Wireless unlocked Blackberry Touch 9930 from Ebay India. I activated BIS (Internet Service) plan (not the Enterprise plan)from my cellphone provider Vodafone India.  The phone worked fine in terms of phone features, however the word 'edge' was always in lower case.

For 3 days I researched online on crackberry and blackberry forums and discovered that this was a common issue found by anyone who purchased a Unlocked Blackberry from the overseas. My excitement of owning my first personal Blackberry almost faded until I escalated my case to my Cellphone provider using the Social Media channel (Twitter). This was after I spoke to almost 10 different people from Customer service all the way to Blackberry technical division at Vodafone India. The issue was solved in less than 24 hours after that.

Vodafone assigned a technical expert to look into my case. He turned out to be the first person who made any sense and was technical savvy. The tech acknowledged that he was aware of this issue and it was specific to Blackberries imported from the overseas unlocked. The average joe sitting in Vodafone India would not know how to fix this because 99% of the time they deal with Blackberries purchased in India which does not give any issues.

I was told that for my model a specific file needs to be uploaded from Vodafone side so that my phone recognize and register with the Blackberry server. Once he did that, the tech had be hardboot the device activated Vodafone 3G services on my Vodafone Plan temporarily. Once done he had me choose "network mode" as 3G. I immediatly saw 3G showing up on the top right corner of the screen followed by the Blackberry symbol. I also instantly got a blackberry activation SMS. Once my blackberry services was activated I was given the option to choose Blackberry via 3G or 2G (EDGE). I chose 2G because 3G plan is very expensive. So the tech deactivated 3G plan and had be hard boot (Remove the battery) the device once again. Once the device came back on, I saw EDGE and ever since I am using BB services over EDGE or WiFi at home without any issues.

I'm just sharing this specific solution here because I saw non that guided me.

@MAK_in_India