Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
tuanphaus
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Bold - GPRS does not work

Hi guys,

I got Bold a few days ago as I bought it from a friend. It was on Telsta and has been unlocked. But when I put my simcard Optus in, everything is ok except GPRS does not work. That simcard when used on E71, the GPRS works perfectly.

So what am i supposed to do to make it works?

Another thing is can I request BlackBerry to release the BIS/BES as it was registered by my friend before ? How can I do that?

Trusted Contributor
jdavies2009
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

Re: BlackBerry Bold - GPRS does not work

GPRS won't work unless you have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier on your contract so you need to ring up and find out if you can set it up - it will be a little more a month on top of your contract. You wont be able to access the internet or recieve MMS unless you have this first.

You will also need to get your friend to release the PIN from his carrier. Get him to give them a call and ask to release (remember to tell him the PIN and IMEI too!!!)

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!