Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

VirSpector
My Device: BlackBerry Gemini Apollo

BlackBerry ID Login on Startup Problem

[ Edited ]

Ok, so my friend's BlackBerry, which is BlackBerry 9900 (Dakota) got a little problem. She changes her SIM Card and find out that she needs to enter her BlackBerry ID Password. The problem is, when she logged in it says it was wrong while she's sure that it's the password.

I tried to press the "Sign Out" button on the screen that appears but it shows that if I sign out, it will Security Wipe the device. But I can't do that since she doesn't want to lose her BlackBerry Messenger Contacts.

Are there anyway to do this since she really need her BlackBerry for her bussiness. Is it possible to bypass the BlackBerry ID requirement without losing the BlackBerry Messenger Contacts in the device or maybe take out the SIM Card, back the contacts up, insert the new SIM Card, Security Wipe it and put the backup files back in? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
yasmineziorio
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BlackBerry ID Login on Startup Problem

Ya umm...this is a livid situation for me, as this exact thing has happened to me twice. Some say that if you take the sim card out for 3-5 minutes it works and you are not prompted for the password screen, but i have tried that on several occasions and it doesnt work. From my knowledge, there is no current solution for this other than to wipe your data which takes about 2 hours to complete. I highly recommend switching to an iphone, because i am pretty pissed about this. Wish i had a solution for the both of us.
Peace out
Please use plain text.
bilaldar7
My Device: curve 9630

i had been facing the same problem...i have found a solution..i turned on the wifi while using the old sim or without sim..after putting the new sim..i logged into my Blackberry id with my password..it worked

Please use plain text.
yasmineziorio
My Device: Bold 9900

Yes. after i wrote that frustrating post, i had spent about an hour fiddling around with it, and i too discovered that you needed to turn the wifi on and be connected to wifi-internet (for example, this worked for me because i have internet in my house) if i was doing this on the road somewhere, probably wouldn't have discovered this. 

It's a total hassle, and it's insanely ridiculous. If i didn't love and wasn't so conveniently attached to blackberry, i would've left it in the dust along time ago, but none the less, we found somewhat of a solution> old/no sim card + wifi internet.

If people are having troubles with the same issue and are not sure the steps, make a post, i'm sure one of us will guide you through it.

Peace out
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqua3d
My Device: BOLD 9900

Can you please give a step by step guide. I am a newbie on bb and i have this problem for about a month.

Thanks in advance!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqua3d

Anybody ?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

aqua3d wrote :

Can you please give a step by step guide. I am a newbie on bb and i have this problem for about a month.

Hi aqua3d

Welcome to the Community

Have a look at this Knowledge Base if you are unable to login to BlackBerry ID :KB28212 .Try  workaround 1 suggested and see if it helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqua3d

Hello and thank your very much for your response.

I have already tried that with No success.

My problem with BB ID started after a trip to another country.

Every time i try to connect It states that i an "unable to connect to my BB ID account".

Tried changing password via pc, tried workaround 1 etc... with no success.

I don't want to do a security wipe.

It happened to me again a year ago. Searched through google and came across a solution which really worked. But i don't remember the procedure and i also don't remember the link i came across.
 It got to do something with Wi Fi on - off or 3G on off i am not sure.

Still looking. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi aqua3d

If Workaround 1 Fails them there is another Workaround and ofcourse a Security wipe.As you don't want that option then I think you had to search a bit  for a solution related to Wi Fi. So if you come across that solution through WiFi do share with us.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqua3d

Τried everything but no solution.

Suddenly today i decided to make another attempt entering the BBID and what a surprise,  it logged IN.

I could n't believe my eyes.

That was the good thing.

The bad thing is that i will never find out the cause of the problem and the solution.

Please use plain text.