Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jcherry2723
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Messenger 7 "Associating BBM with your BlackBerry ID"

Just got the blackberry bold 9900. Installed BBM, than I accepted the things it said, than it says "Associating BBM with your BlackBerry ID" and it's been there for a few hours.. everyone else that I've talked to said theirs worked fine. What is wrong with mine?? I've done a battery pull multiple times! Anything else that may fix this problem??? 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BlackBerry Messenger 7 "Associating BBM with your BlackBerry ID"

Hi jcherry2723

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

In order to use BBM on our device we need BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on our account from our Carrier or Mobile service provider , if you don't have that then activate BIS on your account it will fix the issue you are currently having with BBM.

But if you already have BIS then first try to do those steps over any wifi network .If issue continues then try those steps and see if that helps :

1. First Uninstall BlackBerry Messenger from Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list. Then restart your device by removing the Battery while your device is Powered ON .

2. From a PC reset your BlackBerry ID password .

KB26361  : How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

3. Reboot your device again and login with your new BlackBerry ID password on your device.

4. Finally from your BlackBerry browse browse or Click here www.blackberry.com/bbm  to download the most recent version of BBM available for your device. After reboot your BlackBerry ID may succesfully associate with BBM.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
jcherry2723
My Device: bold 9900

just needed to update my plan from the iPhone one to a BlackBerry one to have the proper data! Thank You!!! :smileyhappy: 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi jcherry2723

You are most welcome and thanks for sharing your solution :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.