Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Beata
My Carrier: Telus

BlackBerry Messenger - down?

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing any issues at all? For just a couple of days I've noticed that the messages are not delivered. I am thinking maybe I haven't installed an update or something... but it is weird because it was working before!

Many thanks,

Bea

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Messenger - down?

It's not down... but there are certainly delays today and tonight. I've noticed some myself coming from friends in Canada and Europe.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sookegirl
My Carrier: telus

I am also having issues with BBM, at first it was slow and now it doesnt appear to be working atall. I am in Canada.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
halobabeee
My Carrier: 02

My BBM, internet and internet apps are all not working, I think there's a BB server or network error somewhere down the lines, I've spoken to 3-4 friends that have blackberry's and it's not linked to one particular model or handset, so take a breath of fresh air to know it's not your handset! But unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it as of yet! In search of an answer at the moment!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Beata

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate your help and timely responses! You guys are the best.

Here's what puzzles me - some recipients were delivered the messages to just fine... but some not, at the same time.

Please use plain text.
frenchgirl1222
My Carrier: Bell

mine hasn't seemed to be working either it has not bee sending to certain of my contacts but the other ones just fine. When anyone gets the answer to why this is happening and how to fix that would be great.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

It would be helpful here for anyone having BBMessenger delays or non-delivery to do two things:

Post here your

1. Be specific on whether you're seeing a delay or total non-delivery (no D by the sent message)
  2. Carrier/Mobile Provider
  3. Country you're in
  4. What time frame this has occurred (last hour, last 24 hours, etc.)

Finally, call your mobile provider tech support and report the issue. They may have you perform various tests like a powered on battery removal/reboot, resend of service books, etc. You may ultimately ASK them to please escalate this issue to RIM level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alphaQ
My Carrier: Rogers

was on hold with Rogers tech and there was an announcment about delay in bb servers. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rain691

I am in Canada and Telus is my provider for my Blackberry Bold 9900.  I am currently experiencing issues with BBM, which include delays in sending out messages and profile pictures not being displayed.  Telus has confirmed that RIM is experiencing issues with BBM not working properly at this time and is working to obtain resolution for this issue.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
JesSica79
My Carrier: Sasktel

I am in Canada and Sasktel is my provider for my Blackberry Bold 9900.  I am currently experiencing issues with BBM, which include delays in sending out messages. I am having the same problem as a few of you where some messages work fine and others are delayed. Started acting up yesterday and same thing today...

Please use plain text.